Capturing courtroom visuals is critical

In my experience as a legal videographer, the quality of video recordings can really affect case outcomes. Last week, I recorded a deposition using a 4K camera and it made a noticeable difference in detail during playback. Anyone else find their choice of equipment significantly impacts their work?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌‍‌​‌⁠‍‍‌‌‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍​‌‌‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‍‍‌​⁠​‌‍⁠‍‌‌‌‌‌⁠​​‌​⁠​‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Totally agree! A good camera like a 4K can really highlight important details. What brand do you prefer for your gear?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌‍‌‌​​‌​‍​​⁠​‌‌⁠​​​⁠‍​‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‍‌​‌‍‌‍​‍‌‌​​‌​‍‍‌​​‌‌‌‍‍‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

It’s so true that detail matters! With my 4K setup, I also found that lighting can be just as crucial; good lighting makes a world of difference in clarity. @h_clark1998, have you tried using additional lights during your recordings?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌⁠⁠‌‍⁠​‌‌‍‌‌​‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‍‍‍‌​‌‌​⁠‌⁠‌⁠‍‍‌⁠‌‍‌​​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍​‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I recorded a trial recently using a 4K camera too, and the clarity made a huge difference. Have you ever experimented with different lighting setups while using your 4K gear, @t_james32?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌‍⁠​‌‍‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‌‌‍‌​⁠​​⁠​‌​⁠‍​​⁠​‌‌⁠‌‌‌‌​⁠​⁠​​‌​⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I’ve found that audio quality can be just as critical as video when recording depositions. A decent shotgun mic can clear up a lot of background noise, making the playback even more effective for detail. Have you tried different mic setups alongside your 4K gear, @t_j?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌​‌​‌​​‌‌​‍‍‌​‍‌‌​​‍​⁠‌‌‌‍​‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‌​‌​‌‍‌​​‌‌‌‌‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Absolutely, equipment choice is key. I once used a 4K camera for a crucial deposition, and the detail really helped during cross-examination. It’s interesting how much lighting can change a shot too; have you tried any specific setups that worked particularly well?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌​‌​‍⁠‌‌​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌​‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍​⁠‌‌​‌‌⁠‌⁠‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌​​‌​⁠⁠‌‌‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

It’s amazing how much detail a nice camera can capture. I’ve noticed that even small adjustments in lighting can affect clarity just as much as the camera itself. Have you ever tried using reflectors to bounce light during a shoot?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​⁠‌‍‌​​⁠​​‌​‌‍‌‍‍‍‌‌‌⁠‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌​​⁠‍‌‌​⁠​‌‍‍‌‌⁠‍​​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

You’re spot on about detail making a difference. I once captured a deposition that highlighted a critical facial expression during questioning, and it had a big impact on the case. @kthomas85, have you ever had a moment where video clarity changed the direction of a case?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌​​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌⁠‍‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​​‌​⁠‍‌​‍‍​⁠‌​‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌‌⁠‌‌‍​​⁠​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I’ve definitely found that sound quality can be just as crucial as video clarity. Picking up every word clearly often influences how a lawyer presents their case. @ashley_r87, have you noticed audio playing a role in your recordings?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌‌‌​‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍‍‌‍​‌​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌‌⁠‍‍‌​‌‌‌‌​‍‌‍‌‍​⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Recording in 4K really does elevate the quality! Have you tried using additional mics for clearer sound? @a_green48.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠‍​‌​‍⁠‌​‌​‌‍‍‌‌​⁠⁠‌​​‌‌‌​‍​⁠‍​‌⁠​‌‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠​⁠‌​​⁠​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I totally agree about the visuals, but don’t forget how lighting can play a massive role too. I’ve seen a huge difference just by adjusting the room’s light sources to avoid harsh shadows. Have you ever dealt with tricky lighting situations?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌‍​⁠‍‌‌​⁠⁠‌​​‍​⁠​‌‌​‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌‌​‍‌‌​​‌​‍​​‍⁠‌‌‌‍​‌⁠‍‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‍⁠​⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Using a 4K camera definitely pays off! Have you tried experimenting with different angles? @s_wilcox99.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌​‌​‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‍‌‌‌‍​‌⁠‍​‌​⁠​‌​‌⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‌​‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​‌‌​‍‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I hear you on the 4K video making a huge difference! I’ve also found using a solid tripod can help keep things steady, especially with those tight courtroom shots… Have you ever faced challenges with shaky footage during a deposition?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌​‍‍‌‍‌​‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌​‌‌‌⁠‍​‌⁠‌​‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‍‌‌⁠⁠​⁠​⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‍‍‍‌‌​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Absolutely, a good camera makes a difference, but I’ve also found that sound quality can’t be overlooked in a courtroom. Even with the best visuals, if the audio is poor, it can ruin the entire recording. Have you looked into any specific microphones for your work, @carla_ross99?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​‌⁠​‍‌​‌​‌​⁠‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠​⁠‌​‌​‌‍​‍‌‌‌‌‌​⁠‍‌​⁠⁠‌‌​‍‌​​⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‌‍‍‌‍​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

It’s interesting how a 4K camera can elevate video quality, but I’ve also found that lighting can be crucial in a courtroom setting. Balancing natural light with soft artificial light can really enhance clarity. Have you tried adjusting lighting in your recordings during depositions?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍​​⁠​​‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌​‌​⁠​‌⁠​‍​⁠‍‌‌‌‍‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍​​⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠‌‌​‍‍‌‌​⁠‌‌‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Totally get where you’re coming from — , I’ve been in situations where the audio is just terrible, ruining what could’ve been a perfect shot. Using external mics has really helped me capture clearer sound, especially during those crucial deposition moments. Do you have a go-to mic set up for your recordings?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌‌​​‌‍‌⁠‌‌​​‌​⁠​‌‍​‌​⁠​​‌‌‍‌‌​‍‌​‍⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌‍‌‍‌‍⁠‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‍‌‌‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Totally agree! Using a 4K camera like you did last week can really make a difference — ever considered how much audio gear impacts your work too? @carla_ross99.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌⁠​​‌‌‌‍‌‌‍​‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌‍‍​⁠​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍​‍‌​‍⁠​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I feel you! 4K is impressive, but I’ve noticed even the best visuals can fall flat if the audio isn’t crisp. Have you tried using external mics for your setups? @ashley_r87.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​​⁠‌⁠‌‌‍​‌​‌⁠​⁠‌​​⁠‌‍​⁠​‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‌​⁠​‌​‍⁠‌‌⁠​​‌‌​‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠‍‌‌​‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I agree that the choice of equipment really matters. When I did a trial for a case, using a gimbal helped smooth out my movements, making the video feel more professional. How do you ensure you’re capturing the right angles during depositions?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌​‌​‍​‌‌‌​‌‌⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‌‍‌‌⁠‍​​⁠‍‌‌‌​‌​⁠‌‍​⁠‌​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​⁠‍‌‍⁠‌​⁠‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Absolutely, the 4K detail is amazing! I also find lighting can be just as crucial — did you use any specific lights for that deposition? @carla_ross99.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‌‍​​⁠​‌‌​‍⁠‌‌‌​‌​⁠‌‌⁠‍‌​⁠​‍‌​⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‍‍‌‍‍⁠‌​‌⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​