I recently faced a tough deposition where the witness was particularly fast-paced and used a lot of legal jargon… It took me extra time to accurately transcribe everything while ensuring I followed legal protocols. Has anyone else dealt with similar challenges, and how do you manage to keep up while maintaining accuracy?
I get that fast-paced lingo; I often use shortcuts when I know I’ll face a lot of jargon — testing out speech recognition tools, like Dragon NaturallySpeaking, can really help with those hectic depositions. Have you thought about incorporating any tech like that?
And fast-paced depositions can be tough! I’ve found it helpful to prep by researching specific jargon beforehand and even jotting down shorthand notes. Have you experimented with that approach, @brian_lee2023?
But those fast depositions can really throw you off! I’ve found practicing with sample transcripts helps a lot. Have you tried any specific resources or tools to prep for the jargon?